Matriculated students are part of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) and each year they elect officers from the student body.
Mission of the GSO
The mission of the Graduate School of Education GSO is:
- To provide students with an avenue for student input to the Graduate School of Education faculty.
- To promote opportunities for students, administration, staff and faculty to interact outside of regular classes.
- To represent the Graduate School of Education at university-wide Graduate Student Association meetings.
- To promote better communication among graduate education students.
- To provide Graduate School of Education students with information about the university, the Lowell community, and the region.
- To provide student input to the Graduate School of Education faculty regarding course selection and evaluation.
- To act as a liaison with the Dean of the Graduate School of Education providing forums for student information, colloquiums, and educational opportunities.
Graduate Student Organization Officers
President: Shanna Thompson
Vice President: Qing Zhao
Treasurer: Jeanne O'HearnSecretary: Katy Covino
Senator: Elizabeth Often
Senate Alternate: Arlette Spang
Club Advisor: Vera Ossen
Club E-mail: GSE_GSO@Student.uml.edu
Club Wiki: http://gse-gso.wiki.uml.edu
The GSO sponsors the Mathematics and Science Education Colloquium. The GSO is part of UMass Lowell’s Graduate Student Association, which provides grants for research and other scholarly activity. The professional-development award information can be found at www.uml.edu/gsa.