The Graduate School of Education makes admission decisions on a rolling basis. For most programs, candidates may be admitted for fall, spring or summer semesters. You can request an application or complete an online submission at the Graduate Admissions site. All required application materials must be received by Graduate Admissions before or on the dates listed below.
- April 1: For DOCTORAL candidates seeking admission for the fall semester and wishing to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship.
- April 15: For M.Ed. and Ed.S. candidates seeking admission for the summer (trimester). (Please note: Candidates cannot begin doctoral programs in the summer.)
- Aug. 1: For all candidates seeking admission for the fall semester.
- Dec. 1: For UMass Lowell Undergraduate Seniors seeking admission to the Secondary Education FAST TRACK TO TEACHING PROGRAM for spring semester admission.
- Jan. 1: For all candidates seeking admission to advanced M.Ed., Ed.S. and Ed.D. programs for the spring semester.
Specific Admission Requirements for Programs