Book Discussion Group Selections
Every month the Book Discussion group read and discuss a variety of books, including sociological studies, memoirs and biographies, political histories and fiction, including the classics. The selections for this session are listed below.
- March 20 - Namesake by Jumpa Lahiri
- April 17 - Guttenberg's Apprentice by Alix Christie
- May 15 - The Girls of Atomic City, the Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win WW2 by Denise Kiernan
- June TBD - The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
And if you are planning ahead - September - Truman by David McCullough
Previous Books, Fall-Winter 2014
- September 19 - The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- October 10 - The Orphan Train, historical fiction by Christina Baker Kline
- November 21 - Daring Young Men, non-fiction by Richard Reede
- December 12 - Cascade: A Novel, historical fiction by Maryanne O'Hara
- January 21 - A Natural Woman, Autobiography by Carole King
- February 18 - Lawrence in Arabia, biography by Scott Anderson
NOTE: All meetings will be held in the Talon Room at the Tsongas Center, 300 Martin Luther King Jr. Way in Lowell, MA from 10 am to noon.