Lowell General Hospital (LGH) is seeking volunteers to assist with its Mass Vaccine Program (MVP) clinic located at 1001 Pawtucket Blvd. in Lowell.
University students, employees, alumni and emeriti faculty are eligible to register as volunteers. In preparation for an increase in vaccine inventory, the number of volunteers and shifts offered are expected to increase over time.
The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is pleased to lead this effort to recruit volunteers and welcomes the UMass Lowell community to join in this urgent need for our community.
Volunteer qualifications include:
- dedicating one to two days per week on a regular basis with the preference of filling an eight hour shift,
- possessing excellent customer service skills, and
- the ability to work with detailed, confidential information.
Most positions will require being able to be on your feet and walking for extended periods of time. A background in healthcare is a plus, but not required.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Greeter/Usher: Help with parking lot assistance, line control, check out process and monitoring of the post-vaccination area. Guide patients through the various vaccine clinic areas and may assist with wheelchairs and transport through the clinic as needed.
- Registrar: Assist with patient registration and check in process. Must be familiar and comfortable with computer systems and with data entry. Also have good attention to detail.
- Phone Assistant: Monitor and answer calls and questions that come into the Vaccine Clinic. Must have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Vaccine Prep & Vaccinator: Assist in the prep and administration of the vaccine. This position is restricted to medical professionals and can include any of the following: nurse practitioner, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, nursing assistant, physician assistant, advanced practitioner registered nurse, pharmacist, medical assistant, and emergency medical technician. Also seeking nursing or medical students for hands on opportunities.
*Training and supervision will be provided to all volunteers.UML Volunteer Sign upAlumni Sign up
Questions about volunteering can be directed to email@example.com.