Doctoral Ceremonies will be held Friday, May 13 at 9 a.m.
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! We plan to celebrate in person with you on May 13 at 9 a.m. at the Tsongas Center.
There will be a formal, in-person Commencement exercises, including speeches and the official conferral of degrees, streamed on our website and Facebook.
- Order your regalia from the bookstore. ALL doctoral candidate must have UMass Lowell regalia in order to participate in the ceremony. This regalia is a custom order (BLUE custom gown with insignia).
There are two deadline for ordering regalia:
Doctoral Purchase Closing Date: March 6, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Doctoral Rental Closing Date: March 29, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Please place your order as soon as possible. The bookstore wants to be able to accommodate everyone who plans to attend the ceremony, so early ordering is HIGHLY recommended. Note that purchasing new or pre-worn regalia and rental options are available.
- RSVP to the ceremony: You will receive a link to RSVP for the ceremony as soon as the DocuSign form is available. Once you receive this link, you will need to RSVP. This will help finalize the plan for seating, time sequence, and presentation of doctoral recipients to the convocation of scholars. The RSVP form should be available by the end of March.
- Reserve your guest tickets by April 22, 2022. Ticketing is being handled by the Tsongas Center. Doctoral candidates are eligible to request up to eight tickets.
- Login to the Commencement Student Portal with your student email address to upload a photo and thank-you message by April 29, 2022.
- Get ready to celebrate by using #UML2022 on social media.