A minor in chemistry consists of 18-24 credits in chemistry. All course prerequisites must be satisfied. The course requirements for the chemistry minor are as follows:
- freshman level course (84.121, 84.123, and 84.122, 84.124) or the equivalent must be included;
- four additional courses, of which not more than two may be from the same chemistry area;
- at least two courses must carry a laboratory component exclusive of 84.121, 84.123 and 84.122, 84.124;
- a lecture course with a corequisite laboratory course will be considered as one course of the additional course requirements; and
- at least eight semester hours must be taken at or above the 300 course level, and of these courses, at least three credits must be in a course not required by the curriculum of the student’s department.