Skip to Main Content

College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences

Repetition of Transfer Courses

A student who has been granted transfer credit, and on this basis has been assigned to advanced courses for which the transferred course is a prerequisite, may be advised to repeat such transferred work at the University or to take a more elementary course than that which has been transferred when the competence of the student has been demonstrably inadequate. Permission to repeat the transferred course is granted by filing an academic petition form through the office of the college dean. Since credit may not be granted more than once for the completion of any course, a condition for filing such a petition is the simultaneous filing of a request to revoke recognition of the previously transferred course.