Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)
Degree options include:
Note: The Educational Specialist degree programs are offered either completely or partially online. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Admission and Completion Requirements
Admission to a degree program at the Educational Specialist level requires that an applicant hold a master's degree in education from an accredited college or university or a master’s degree in a closely related field of study, with a cumulative grade point average of not less than 3.0. Additionally, applicants should have at least three years of full-time experience in a K-12 school or a related setting. Full admission requirements can be found at Graduate Admissions, which include:
- Online application and fee
- Two-page statement in which you describe your educational philosophy and reasons for seeking entry to the degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of professional teaching status or GRE scores (general test)
- All official transcripts
- TOEFL scores if appropriate
In order to qualify for a Educational Specialist degree, each candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits of course work in the specified degree program.
- Complete all course requirements for the degree program at this university. A maximum of six credits of course work transferred from another accredited institution is the only exception granted.
- Complete all course requirements with a cumulative grade point average of B or better. No additional course credits may be permitted in order to achieve the grade point average of B or better required for the degree.
- Complete the program within five years of the date of admission.