Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)
Degree options include:
Note: The Educational Specialist degree programs are offered either completely or partially online. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Admission and Completion Requirements
Admission to a degree program at the Educational Specialist level requires that an applicant hold a master's degree in education from an accredited college or university or a master’s degree in a closely related field of study, with a cumulative grade point average of not less than 3.0. Additionally, applicants should have at least three years of full-time experience in a K-12 school or a related setting. Full admission requirements can be found at Graduate Admissions, which include:
- Online application and fee
- Two-page statement in which you describe your educational philosophy and reasons for seeking entry to the degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of professional teaching status or GRE scores (general test)
- All official transcripts
- TOEFL scores if appropriate
In order to qualify for a Educational Specialist degree, each candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits of course work in the specified degree program.
- Complete all course requirements for the degree program at this university. A maximum of six credits of course work transferred from another accredited institution is the only exception granted.
- Complete all course requirements with a cumulative grade point average of B or better. No additional course credits may be permitted in order to achieve the grade point average of B or better required for the degree.
- Complete the program within five years of the date of admission.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.