Make A Gift
World in Your Hands
Admissions & Aid
RecKids Summer Camp
RecKids Summer Camp
RecKids Camp Forms
Photos & Videos
Frequently Asked Questions
What clothing and gear does my child need to bring to camp each day?
- Participants should come to camp dressed for a full day of activity. We recommend outdoor activity clothes and athletic shoes. Open-toed shoes will NOT be permitted. Campers should bring items in a well-marked backpack or athletic bag. Campus Recreation is not responsible for missing, broken or stolen items. Please mark or label all personal items. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure property protection.
- Your child will participate in outdoor activities every day. For protection from the sun’s rays, we recommend applying sunblock (SPF 15 or higher) to your child prior to arrival. You may also send sunblock with your child.
- Please pack a swimsuit and towel for every day of camp in a marked/labeled bag, gym bag or backpack.
Does my child need to bring their own food and drinks?
- Parents are reminded to send a lunch and drink with their camper. Please do not send candy or gum. If your child has strict dietary needs please let the coordinator know. There will be a time for snack, which parents need to provide as well.
- Water is a vital component when physically active. Parents are asked to send a water bottle/squeeze bottle each day, labeled with their child’s name. Please encourage your child to drink water while they are attending camp. There are water fountains available at the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) that campers can use.
Will I have the opportunity to see the facility and ask questions before the camp begins?
- There will be a parent orientation on Wednesday, June 20, 2018, at 6 p.m. in the CRC. It is highly recommended that parents attend the meeting. The orientation will consist of a facility tour, overview of policies, networking opportunities and introduction of the staff.
Check Application Status