The Outdoor Adventure Program offers Wilderness First Aid and Wilderness First Responder Certification. See both programs below.
Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Certification or WFR - Recertification
November 11-12, 2017
The WFA course is 2 days long and teaches a basic level of first aid training in the wilderness context. This course is for those who enjoy going on short wilderness trips and are seeking to gain a better understanding of how to manage and treat a variety of medical issues in the wilderness context. Those seeking to re-certify their Wilderness First Responder (WFR) may also enroll in the course.
- Fees: WFA Student - $150 / Non-Student - $175 (WFR Re-Certs will need to pay an additional $15 re-cert fee to SOLO, this will be discussed at the beginning of the course).
- Lodging: $30 Optional lodging at the Recreation Center is available for the duration of the course including showers, locker, kitchen (microwave, fridge, sink) and sleeping on the floor. Accommodations will be available from 8 p.m. November 10, 2017 to 8 a.m. November 12, 2017.
- Parking: Free street parking is available but not guaranteed. Fee parking in a nearby parking garage is also available.
- Details: Read the course details sheet.
- Registration: Register at CRC welcome desk or register online.
- Course times: We will begin at 8 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. each day with a lunch break.
CPR/AED for the Lay Responder available. Instructed by SOLO Wilderness Medicine.
Contact: Kevin Soleil at 978-934-1932 if you would like to enroll in the CPR certification.