The Legacy Society recognizes donors who support UMass Lowell through bequests, gift annuities, life insurance policies, retirement plans and other estate intentions.
Your investment in UMass Lowell helped us to raise $21,032,577 million in support this past fiscal year (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015).
Your generosity supports all aspects of UMass Lowell’s transformational student experience: scholarships, state-of-the-art lab and classroom equipment, research, student services, curriculum development, experiential learning and so much more.
The success of our 17,000-plus students couldn’t happen without you: our loyal alumni and friends. We’re an affordable, first-choice, world-class university, thanks to you.
What a difference you’ve made this year. Your contributions have resulted in a transformation at UMass Lowell:
- Our endowment has grown to more than $78 million with 425 individual funds. Through this support, we are able to meet more than 90 percent of student financial need.
- Our student-faculty ratio is 18:1; 50 percent of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- We’ve expanded our global partnerships to include 110 top universities in 45 countries.
- We’re the second-fastest-rising national university in U.S. News & World report over the last four years.
- Our student-athletes are soaring ever higher as part of the Division I America East Conference.
- Students have connected with renowned figures like education activist and Star Trek star LeVar Burton; politicians Senator Elizabeth Warren, U.S. Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III and Governor Charlie Baker; Piper Kerman, author of Orange Is the New Black and many more.
It’s clear: every gift counts. And every donor makes a lasting impact.
Thank you again! This is our legacy, our place. And we just couldn’t do it without you.
Key: (H) - represents an Honorary Degree * - represents a deceased donor