1. Activate your UMass Lowell student email account.
One to two days after submitting your enrollment deposit, you will receive your student email account and access to SiS, our online student information system. This information will be sent to your personal email address. You should maintain an active email address with our office, you can make updates to your email address any time.
2. Apply for campus housing.
We will support and house our students who wish to live on campus while following the directives of Governor Baker and the guidelines that best promote the health and safety of our community.
- After submitting an enrollment deposit and receiving email credentials, all full- and part-time matriculated students may apply for campus housing as soon as registration opens. Fall 2021 students will receive a notification at your personal email address when registration opens.
- Process: In the housing portal you will apply for on-campus housing, review the housing contract and select a Living-Learning Community, if desired. In some cases, space is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so don’t delay!
- If you intend to live on campus, our "Returning to Campus" guide contains important information on the move-in process, tips on what to bring, and our COVID-19 safety guidelines and procedures. Please check it out.
- For questions about housing, email: ResLife@uml.edu.
3. Sign up for first-year orientation or transfer registration.
Registration is now open for the fall 2021 semester. First-year orientation and transfer registration are required before enrolling in courses for the upcoming semester. International Students are required to complete the International Orientation Session before the semester starts.
4. Complete your placement testing.
The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education requires all public institutions to assess the skills of incoming first-year students in both math and English. Placement testing is available online for all students and must be completed prior to orientation. Information will be sent to your personal email address.
5. Join our incoming student Facebook group to interact with fellow students and get answers to any questions you may have.
6. Follow us on social media for information on events, campus news and a glimpse of the UMass Lowell experience.