1. Activate your UMass Lowell student email account
One to two days after submitting your enrollment deposit, you will receive information for your student email account and SiS, our online student information system. Check your personal email for more information, and please note, it can take up to two days to receive this information.
2. Apply for campus housing
We will support and house our students who wish to live on campus while following the directives of Governor Baker and the guidelines that best promote the health and safety of our community.
3. Explore our campus online or register to join us for campus events.
4. Sign up for first-year orientation or transfer registration.
5. Complete your placement testing prior to orientation. The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education requires all public institutions to assess the skills of incoming first-year students in both math and English. Placement testing is available online for all students. Links to your required placement testing will be sent to you prior to orientation.
6. Follow us on our social media channels for news, events, updates and a glimpse of the UMass Lowell experience.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell will need additional documentation indicating that you have readily available finances towards one year’s academic and living costs and that this funding will continue to be available for the duration of your degree program. It is urgent that you submit the required documentation as soon as possible, as obtaining a student visa may be a lengthy process. Please note that acceptance of international students, currently in visa categories that do not permit study, is contingent upon proof of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration authorization of change to F-1 or J-1 student status by the first day of classes.
If you require F-1 or J-1 student status to study at UMass Lowell, contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: 978-934-2383. Students in need of visa document issuance must contact the ISSO upon admission to the university.
Students currently in the U.S. should initiate the transfer of their SEVIS record as early as possible by contacting their current U.S. institution. Additional documentation is required for F-1 transfer in students. An international student who has failed to maintain valid F-1 (student) status prior to the issuance of their first Form I-20 from UMass Lowell will be required to apply for Reinstatement through Travel. UMass Lowell does not support reinstatement from within the U.S. for incoming/new students. Please direct any questions regarding your immigration status to the International Students and Scholars Office by email at:& firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the ISSO website for important pre-arrival information. Accepted international applicants will be notified of their acceptance by the dates below—and must submit a visa document application to ISSO no more than five to seven days later.
International Students are required to complete the International Orientation Session before the semester starts.