Build a Broad Perspective
The Breadth of Knowledge criterion is designed to familiarize students with multiple perspectives regarding several different areas of knowledge and modes of inquiry outside of their major discipline. Students gain insight to these perspectives by taking a series of courses outside of their major department, with no more than two courses from a single discipline applied to the same criterion.
- College Writing I and II (2 courses, 6 credits) CW
- Arts and Humanities Perspective (3 courses, 9 credits) AH
- Social Sciences Perspective (3 courses, 9 credits) SS
- Sciences with Lab Perspective (2 courses, 6 credits minimum) SCL
- Mathematics Perspective (1 course, 3 credits minimum) MATH
- STEM Perspective (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics, 1 course, 3 credits minimum) STEM