For the latest information, including course listings, degree pathways and more, please visit the UMass Lowell Academic Catalog.
- Introduction to STEM Teaching, Semester: Fall, Spring (replaces STEP 1 and STEP 2). This course is a prerequisite to the minor.
STEM TEACHING MINOR sequence of COURSES (18 credits)
- Knowing and Learning in Math & Science,*Semester: Fall, Spring
- Perspectives on Mathematics & Science,*Semester: Fall
- Research Methods for STEM Inquiries, Semester: Spring
- Teaching Emergent Bilingual Students, Semester: Fall (recommended), Spring
- Classroom Interactions and Equity, Semester: Spring (junior year)
- Project-Based Instruction, Semester: Fall (senior year)
*Course fulfills Core Curriculum requirement.
Additional coursework required of math and computer science majors (for math teacher certification)
- Functions and Modeling, Semester: Fall (junior year)
- Geometry (for Teachers), Semester: Fall (junior year)
TEACHING PRACTICUM (required for teaching certification)
- Practicum, Credits: 6, Semester: Fall, Spring (senior year)