The UMass Lowell Award for Outstanding Campus Engagement is designed to honor distinguished participation in service and engagement activities at the university. UMass Lowell prides itself on outstanding efforts made by faculty to contribute to the campus and learning community and engage in meaningful ways to enhance the student experience campus-wide. Activities may include service to support other faculty or be focused directly toward student engagement. The university appreciates the time and effort involved in serving and engaging in impactful ways.
- The nominee must be a full-time faculty member at UMass Lowell and currently in a tenure, teaching, or clinical-track position.
- Previous nominees are eligible, and it is hoped that they will be nominated again.
- Previous winners are not eligible to be considered for a period of six years.
Criteria for Award
Applications will be evaluated according to how the applicant demonstrates:
- Sustained and demonstrated impact of campus engagement
- Innovation in campus engagement activities
- Growth in campus engagement
- Leadership in campus engagement