Environmental Science - Geoscience Option
The primary objectives of the Environmental Science Program are to provide a well-rounded science education and a skill set that prepares our students for a variety of career options. We achieve these objectives by providing our students with a stimulating learning environment and the opportunity for real-world experiences.
Requirements of the Major
Semester by Semester Program of Study - Environmental Science - Geoscience Option
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of physical and chemical processes in an earth systems context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of earth materials, surface processes, earth structure and dynamics.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of earth resources and environmental impacts.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate scientific data.
- Demonstrate computational, quantitative and oral/written language competence.