Faculty, staff, students, alumni, Lowell community members and organizations are encouraged to submit a proposal for a project that supports the 2020 Strategic Plan Pillars and meets the grant criteria. The Chancellor’s 2020 Community Impact Grant Committee comprising representatives from each of those groups will award three or more grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Transformational Education – UMass Lowell is committed to providing opportunities for students to engage in communities through classroom, co-curricular and field-based experiences to ensure they understand the challenges facing society and are prepared to innovate and lead in a changing world.
- Global Engagement and Inclusive Culture – UMass Lowell strives to broaden and deepen our cultural understanding and competency through pursuing cross-cultural experiences.
- Innovative Research & Entrepreneurship - UMass Lowell seeks to enhance research opportunities for all students and facilitate the translation of research for public benefit.
- Leveraging our Legacy and our Place – UMass Lowell is committed to creating and strengthening partnerships that sustain the human experience, seeking to expand engagement in communities and share its success stories.
- Entrepreneurial Stewardship in Higher Education – UMass Lowell development will be integrated and holistic and foster engagement with our urban setting.