Tutorial - Meal and Room Preferences
The most important part of room selection is the room and plan preferences. Unless you are using Room Retention, Roommate Pull-In, or Suite Selection, you MUST use this process to select one of the six meal plans provided by ARAMARK.
1. Click ROOM/PLAN PREFERENCES found in the APPLICATION folder on the left side of the window.
2. You will be asked to select and application period. Select ACADEMIC YEAR 2011-2012.
3. You will be provided with the following screen for meal and room preferences:
4. Choose one of the eight meal plans from the menu. Refer to ARAMARK's website for plan details.
5. Next is the room preferences section. It is very important when selecting your room preferences to not be too specific. If you are requesting an exact room, be sure to make other selections that are more broad in request in case the room is filled by someone with more Priority Points than you. In this example we will walk you through requesting Fox 817. Begin by clicking NEW under the ROOM PREFERENCES section.
6. Select your preference type: COMMUNITY, BUILDING, FLOOR or ROOM. In this case, we are selecting ROOM NO.
7. Select the room from the drop-down list. In this case, FH-817. Click CONTINUE when you have finished your preference.
8. ROOM PREFERENCES will be updated based on your selections. Click NEW to create additional preferences. If you wish to update an existing preference, click on the number. If you wish to remove a preference, click CANCEL.
9. Here is an example of how to properly request Room 817 in Fox. Notice that if 817 isn't available, allocation will attempt to place you on the 8th floor. If you cannot get the 8th floor, allocation will attempt to place you in Fox Hall. Finally, allocation will attempt to place you on UML East.
10. Click CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to click OK to complete the transaction.
11. When saving is complete, you will be told that your preferences have been saved. You may come back at any time to add, delete or update your meal and room preferences up until you are assigned a room.
Note: We cannot stress enough the importance of having both specific and broad preferences when selecting your room criteria. When in doubt list other buildings at the end of your preference list.