Salary and Benefits
Interested in joining our team as a Resident Director? In addition to an amazing experience that will help you continue to hone professional skills and competencies, Residence Life at UMass Lowell offers the following compensation package and benefits:
- Starting salary depends on experience, but usually starts at $32,000 for candidates with a Master's degree and two years experience (preferred).
- This is a full-time, 12-month position.
- A fully furnished apartment and a staff office with a Dell computer and printer, plus free, direct Ethernet access.
(Note: All residence halls are non-smoking and pets are not allowed. Staff and students are not allowed to smoke anywhere in the hall)
- A full meal-plan when school is in session with UMass Lowell Dining Plan (link to Dining Services)
- Access to Resident Director parking spaces.
- Full University benefits are provided - which include but are not limited to Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, and participation in retirement programs – through SEIU 888 bargaining unit.
- Medical benefits are effective on the first day of the month following date of appointment.
- Tuition benefits include up to five courses per year (eligible after six-month probationary period). Spouses and eligible same-sex partners 50% tuition waiver (eligible after one year).
- Full benefits information can be found here
- Free access to Campus Recreation Center.
- All of this is located, of course, historic New England city of Lowell, Massachusetts. We’re conveniently 30 minutes from Boston, and 40 minutes from New England beaches!