Beginning in the Fall of 2012, UMass Lowell is offering a carpool permit. This program, which aims to save people money and time while helping the environment, allows you to split the cost of your permit with your whole carpool and park in preferred, carpool-permit only spaces across campus. The first reserved, carpool-permit only spaces are in the Riverside lot on North Campus, the Riverview lot on South Campus, and for faculty and staff, in the Wilder Street lot on South Campus. The carpooling program is a flexible initiative where you will still be allowed to drive alone to campus up to 10 times per semester and have the option of changing back to a regular permit later, if necessary. If you started the semester driving alone and want to switch to a carpool permit, you can even get a pro-rated refund for your drive-alone refund based on the amount you've used it so far. Follow the steps below, or sign up right now at the UCAPS website.
1. Find a carpool buddy
- Sign up for free ride matching and free rewards at www.NuRide.com
- Attend a carpool meet-and-greet on campus. Like our Facebook page to see the latest information about upcoming events.
2. Get your permit
- Fill out a Carpool Group Form, available at the UCAPS Website.
- Each member of the carpool brings the completed form and vehicle registration, and UMass ID, to the UCAPS Office
- Carpool tag will be issued upon receipt of payment and documents listed above.
3. Start parking cheaper and closer!