Campus Shuttle Service
Reading Day and Finals Week Schedule
- Thursday, December 12, 2013: Reading Day, reduced service, but all Day Shuttle Service will be running from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Expect longer wait times at bus stops, as we have reduced the number of shuttles running that day). Evening Service will start at 7 p.m. and will close at 2 a.m.
- Friday, December 13, 2013: First Day of Finals, normal day service, Evening Service will be closing at 2 a.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2013: We will be running full day service 7a.m. to 7p.m., Evening & Weekend Service 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sunday, December 15, 2013: Normal Evening & Weekend Service
- Monday, December 16, 2013 - Wednesday December 18, 2013: Normal Day & Normal Evening & Weekends Service
- Thursday, December 19, 2013: Last Day of Finals: Transportation will be closing at 6 p.m. for winter break. and will resume service on January 19, 2014
Winter & Extreme Weather Policy
During extreme weather conditions or winter weather Transportation Services may need to close due to road conditions. In the event UMass Lowell is closed due to weather, Transportation Services will also be closed. In the event that weather conditions impact shuttle service during the night or weekends, shuttle service may be closed. An announcement will be made on social media, as as well notifying key offices on campus. During extreme weather or snowy condition please call ext. 4-2222 (978-934-2222) to ensure Transportation Services is operating.
Spring 2014 Student Driver Application - Currently Filled
The application process for Spring 2014 drivers is currently closed. We will reopen the search in March, 2014 for Fall 2014 drivers. Note: This application process is only for current students of UMass Lowell, non-students who are interested in applying can go to our HR website at www.uml.edu/HR.
Wannalancit Mills Shuttle Service
We now provide on-call service for Wannalancit Mills, Monday - Friday, starting at 7:30 a.m. by calling 978-934-2222.
The Purple Line shuttle will be sent to pick up on Suffolk Street, and will bring riders to East Campus (between the CRC and Fox Hall) or to Tsongas Center. When on East riders can walk to North or to University Suites and take as shuttle to North, or they can go to the Fox Hall bus stop and pick up the Red Line to get to South.
Transportation Services and the Web Services Office in University Relations have been working together to develop a GPS site to allow Students and UMass Lowell community members to see where are shuttles are. We are excited to announce the latest version of RoadsterRoutes! As we continue to work on the development, of the program we are also asking for your feedback. Please let us know what you think of the new site.
We can only pick students up at designated bus stop locations. For the safety of students and drivers, once the bus pulls away from the bus stop, it will not stop to pick up students. Please use caution during the winter, specifically at night, when melting snow may re-freeze causing some locations to become slippery.
If you have any further questions or comments, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Transportation Services Office at: 978-934-2222, or on campus at ext. 42222.