Students Achieving Their Goals in Education
The purpose of the Office of Multicultural Affairs Students Achieving their Goals in Education (S.A.G.E.) mentoring program is to provide academic and transitional support for second-year students of color at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- To ensure mentees develop high-achievement academically, become engaged in the campus community and maintain matriculation at the University through graduation.
- To afford mentees with resources and opportunities at UMass Lowell that will enhance academic and leadership success, foster personal development and create a sense of belonging.
- To develop healthy and strong relationships with a mentor that is identified as faculty, staff or Graduate Fellow at the University.
- To foster relationships and networks on campus with key offices such as financial aid, centers for learning, residence life, career services and student activities & leadership.
- To create a space to help members of marginalized racial/ethnic groups feel safe and can share their voice and story.