MLK Week 2016
In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the Office of Multicultural Affairs presents MLK Week!
Each Year, the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Distinguished Service Awards are presented to University of Massachusetts Lowell faculty, staff, and students, and to community members of the City of Lowell. These awards honor the contribution of individuals who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to social change, service and community engagement. Nominees should exemplify the dream, vision and work of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
To nominate somebody for the award please fill out the MLK Nomination Form 2016 and submit it to the office of Multicultural affairs. You can also email the form to email@example.com.
MLK WEEK PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
Enter the MLK Week photo contest by recreating a civil rights image. The top three photos will receive prizes and will be highlighted during MLK week 2016.
Deadline: December 11, 2015
- Pick a photo
- Recreate a civil rights image - choose from a pre-selected photo from our online gallery or choose your own. If you are choosing your own photo, submit a copy of the photo that you would like to recreate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Explain the idea behind your photo
In a few sentences answer:
- Explain your interpretation of the modern photo
- Why did you select this photo?
- How does the photo relate to current issues?
- Submit your entry
- Email the original image, your final image and the responses to the questions to email@example.com by Friday, December 11, 2015. Winners will be announced during MLK week 2016 which will take place January 25-31, 2016.
Contact Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs Elsie Otero at Elsie_Otero@uml.edu.
To see pictures from last year's dinner please visit the online gallery.