Multicultural Affairs Student Staff
To view available student staff positions in the Office of Multicultural Affairs, visit JobHawk.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs exists to recruit and retain underrepresented students populations. Working closely with various campus entities, we strive to create an inclusive campus community, celebrate the diverse populations represented at UMass Lowell, and educate the campus through programs and training opportunities. Professional staff members in the Office of Multicultural Affairs are committed to providing office assistants with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Staff Assistants will:
- Assist the office managers with day-to-day operations- answer phone calls, greet office visitors, and maintain a professional and welcoming office environment
- Perform administrative task such as copying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Promote the office programs and services through face to face interactions, social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter), and other avenues
- Represent the office at campus wide events, information sessions, and tabling opportunities
- Assist the Director, Assistant Director, and Graduate Assistant in programming and marketing efforts
- Serve as ambassadors for the Office of Multicultural Affairs throughout campus
QUALIFICATIONS: Ideal candidates will be reliable, punctual, open-minded, organized, creative, and have a sense of humor. Additionally, candidate should possess knowledge and/or interest in social justice, diversity, and multiculturalism. Applicants must be work study students.
Questions can be directed to Constanza Cabello, Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs.