Job and Internship Search Sites
In addition to using the Web to access UMass Lowell's on-campus recruiting system, you should also become familiar with a variety of other online job and internship search sites (listed below grouped by discipline, alphabetically).
- AfterCollege - check to see if your academic major or student group has a career network on AfterCollege
- Boston.com Monster - the largest recruitment tool dedicated to the Boston market
- CareerBuilder - the largest recruitment and career-advancement source for employers, recruiters, and job seekers
- Chamber Intern Connect - free internship portal provided by the Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Indeed - job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations and company career pages
- Internships.com - the "leading nexus" between internships and students, and employers and higher education
- Connect to thousands of nationwide jobs and internships
SimplyHired a vertical job search engine that pulls listings from job boards, company pages, online classifieds and other sources.Also check out SimplyHired's New Graduates site.
- Treehugger Job Board - a site for "green" job listings of all kinds
- Yahoo! Careers - another leader in online recruitment, from Yahoo
ADVERTISING, MARKETING, PUBLISHING, CREATIVE ECONOMY JOBS
- Advertising Jobs - from The Ad Club, the trade organization for marketing, advertising, and communications in New England
- Bookjobs.com - a "one-stop-shop" that posts entry-level jobs and year-round internships from more than 35 book publishers. Also check out Bookbuilders of Boston for jobs and internships in all areas of publishing.
- Creative Economy Jobs - from fine art to film and media, and all creative points in between, where to seek opportunities online
- Cubreporters.org - offering information on training, internships, jobs, tips, and strategies for breaking into journalism
- Marketing Jobs - from the Boston chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Job Hawk - UMass Lowellstudent employment site, including jobs tied to financial aid awards,off-campus postings, and department-funded on-campus positions.
- Academic Keys - for those interested in positions in higher education
- Education Jobs: Public - jobs posted by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Higher Ed Jobs one of the largest job databases focused exclusively on college and university positions
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium supporting the efforts of its New England member institutions to recruit and retain outstanding faculty, administrators, and staff
- The National Employment Minority Network is a national resource organization committed to assisting schools and organizations in the identification and recruitment of minority teachers, administrators and coaches.
- ACEC Job Bank - forstudents in engineeringdisciplines from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- BiomedicalEngineer.com - showcasing biomedical engineering jobs and products
- Biospace - for those interested in biotechnology and pharmaceutical careers and news
- Computer Game Development Jobs - opportunities posted byBoston Post Mortem from all areas of game development -- from artists to web developers to marketing, and everything in between
- Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search - for those looking for work in natural resource or environmental occupations
- Dice - for technology professionals
- EIcareers.org - the electroindustry career portal for jobs in the electrical manufacturing, engineering, and medical imaging technology industry
- Hospital Jobs - sponsored by the Massachusetts Hospital Association, this site lists jobs in nursing, physical therapy, radiology, orthopedics, and more
- Mass Technology Leadership Council - the only business association that addresses the critical leadership issues of innovative technology and technology-enabled companies.
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Council - internship search site for people interested in biotech positions
- NewScientistJobs.com - search and apply online for the latest science jobs
- Science Careers - dedicated to being the world leader in matching qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government
GOVERMENT AND PUBLIC SAFETY
NON-PROFIT AND CULTURAL
- HireCulture a free, searchable database of cultural employment opportunities in Massachusetts
- Idealist - a great source of nonprofit jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Massachusetts Library Jobs - professional and para-professional library positions posted by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Non-Profit Jobs - an online gathering place where non-profit employers and management personnel can meet one another
- Peace and Collaborative Network - a free professional networking site that works to foster dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields.
- The Washington Center - an educational nonprofit organization providing challenging opportunities to intern and learn in Washington, D.C. for academic credit