How to Participate in Co-op
Professional Co-op introductory presentations are organized in first-year classes to provide an overview of the co-op program. Depending upon the participating discipline, interested students also attend Professional Co-op information sessions to learn about how co-op works at UMass Lowell.
The Professional co-op program is offered in the following disciplines for students to participate:
- College of Engineering: Plastics, Mechanical, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- College of Sciences: Computer Science & Applied Math
- Manning School of Business – All concentrations
Interested students can sign up to attend Spring 2013 Professional Co-op Information Sessions by logging into CareerLINK.
Information sessions provide students with an in-depth understanding of the co-op process, the services offered to co-op students and expectations of participating students and employers.
Interested students also sign an Intent to Co-op form (pdf). This action initiates the co-op program selection process. Students selected for the program will be registered for the first step in the program which is the required 1-credit, graded Professional Development Seminar.
Minimum Requirements to be considered for the Professional Co-op Program
- Undergraduate students must have earned at least 24 credits at UMass Lowell to be eligible to participate in the Professional co-op Program.
- Transfer students must have successfully completed at least 1 semester UMass Lowell to participate in co-op.
- All Students must be in good academic standing.
- International students can participate subject to guidelines of the UMass Lowell International Student & Scholars Office.
- Students will have to be approved by department chair/faculty.