Benefits for Employers
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Professional Cooperative Education Program is a dynamic and mutually beneficial partnership between students, employers, and the School of Business and Colleges of Sciences and Engineering. Employers work with designated co-op coordinators to arrange responsible positions that combine genuine usefulness to their company with strong learning components for the student employee.
Benefits for employer partners include:
- Quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions and specific projects
- Flexible, cost effective workforce; professional staff able to pursue more critical projects
- Proven, cost-effective way to recruit and evaluate future employees
- Ability to enhance company name recognition and increase branding opportunities at the University and in the larger community
- Regular, supportive communication to participating employers and students from co-op coordinator with opportunities for on-site visits and candid evaluations of students and the co-op program.