2003-2004 Publications• Paikowsky, S.G. and Thibodeau E., "Examination of LRFD Recommendations for Deep Foundations Using a Field Load Testing Program," invited lecture and paper, Proceedings of Georisk, International Workshop on Risk Assessment in Site Characterization and Geotechnical Design, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, November 26-27, 2004. LHM Publication, G.L.S Babu and K.K. Phoon editors, pp. 8-33.
• Paikowsky, S.G. and Hajduk, E.L., "Design and Construction of Three Instrumented Test Piles to Examine Time Dependent Pile Capacity Gain," ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol. 27, No.6, pp. 515 - 531, November 2004.
• Paikowsky, S.G., with contributions by Brown, D.A., Shi, L., Operstein, L., Mullins, G.A., Li, Z., Griffin, E., Liang, C., Gorczyca, J. and Mustone, T., Innovative Load Testing Systems, Final Report submitted for project NCHRP 21-08, Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, September 2004.
• Paikowsky, S.G., "Drop Weight Dynamic Testing of Drilled Deep Foundations," Invited Special Lecture, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on the Application of Stress Wave Theory to Piles, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, August 9-11, 2004, pp.13-84.
• Paikowsky, S.G., Klar, I., and Chernauskas, L.R., "Performance Evaluation of CFA vs. Bentonite Slurry Drilled Shafts Utilizing Drop Weight Testing," ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication no. 124, Geo-Support 2004: Drilled Shafts, Micropiling, Deep Mixing, Remedial Methods, and Specialty Foundation Systems, eds. J.P. Turner and P.W. Mayne, Orlando, Florida, January 29-31, 2004, pp. 637-652.
• Paikowsky, S.G. with contributions by Birgission G., McVay M., Nguyen T., Kuo C., Baecher G., Ayyub B., Stenerson K., O'Mally K., Chernauskas L., and O'Neill M., NCHRP Report 507 Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) for Deep Foundations, National Cooperative Highway Research Program report for Project NCHRP 24-17, TRB, Washington, DC, 2004, pp. 134 (not including Appendices), http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/nchrp/nchrp_rpt_507.pdf
• Paikowsky, S.G., and Chernauskas, L.R. "Review of Deep Foundations Integrity Testing - Methods And Case Histories" 2003 BSCES-Geo-Institute Deep Foundation Seminar, Boston November 15, 2003, p1-p.30.
• Paikowsky, S.G., Elsayed, A.A., and Kurup, P.U. "Engineering Properties of Cranberry Bog Peat," 2nd International Conference on Soft Soil Engineering and Technology, B.B.K. Huat, H. Omar, S. Maail, and E. Mahsum eds., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia July 2-4 2003, pp. 153-172.
• Paikowsky, S.G., "Practical Lessons Learned from Applying the Reliability Methods to LRFD for the Analysis of Deep Foundations," LSD2003: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Limit State Design in Geotechnical Engineering Practice, Phoon, Honjo & Gilbert eds., Cambridge, Massachusetts, World Scientific Publishing Company, June 26, 2003.
• Paikowsky, S.G., Rolwes, L.E., and Tien, S.H., "Visualization and Measurements of Stresses Around a Trap Door," Proceedings of Soil and Rock America (SARA) 2003, 12th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering and the 39th U.S. Rock Mechanics Symposium. MIT, Cambridge, MA, June 22-26, 2003, VGE Pub. Culligan, Einstein and Whittle editors, Vol 1, pp. 1171-1177.
• Paikowsky, S.G., Baecher, G.B., and Christian, J.T., "Statistical Issues of LRFD Calibration for Deep Foundations," Proceedings of Soil and Rock America (SARA) 2003, 12th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering and the 39th U.S. Rock Mechanics Symposium. MIT, Cambridge, MA, June 22-26, 2003, Vol.2, pp. 2839-2844.