International Women Leaders' Summit on Security through Economic and Social Development
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is honored to host the inaugural International Women Leaders’ Summit on Security through Economic and Social Development on April 9-12, 2011.
There are five primary purposes of the Summit:
- Honor the women for their leadership in promoting security through economic and social development.
- Learn from the women leaders’ experiences to discover the connections between economic and social development and security across the globe.
- Create a working document that brings together the lessons they have learned and their visions for future efforts.
- Launch an ongoing active network of women leaders to establish international bridges that promote peace, development, and security.
- Establish University of Massachusetts as a leader in education for global citizenship.