Post-Master's Adult Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing Certificate
Coordinator: Betty Morgan, PMHCNS-BC, 978-934-4462, Betty_Morgan@uml.edu
This 18-credit Post-Master's Certificate in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing post-Masters certificate in adult psychiatric and mental health nursing provides MS- prepared nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists with the knowledge and skills necessary to care for adults with psychiatric and mental health issues. Those who complete the certificate are eligible to sit for the national certification examination for nurse practitioners and/or clinical nurse specialists in adult psychiatric and mental health nursing.
Applications to this certificate should be submitted to the Graduate Admissions office with MS and BS transcripts.
Application for Admission
- Completion of Certificate application form indicating application to Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing with transcript submitted to the Graduate School.
- Goal statement submitted to the Director of the MS program in Nursing.
- Three letters of reference submitted to the Director of the MS program in Nursing.
- Interview by nursing graduate faculty members.
- Licensure to practice as a registered nurse in Massachusetts.
- GRE's are NOT required.
Acceptance for admission is contingent upon: (1) review of documents; (2) recommendations of faculty interviewers and the Director of the Master's Program.
Evidence from an official graduate transcript that documents successful completion of the following prerequisite graduate courses with a grade of B or better is required:
- Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Social, Cultural, & Policy Issues in Health Care (or equivalent)
- Advanced Pharmacology
Co-requisite or Pre-requisite: Clinical Psychopharmacology
Course of Study
For the most up to date course information please visit the UMass Lowell Online Catalog.