Teaching with Technology
The Faculty Development Committee in partnership with the Information Technology Department provides faculty workshops and resources to enhance teaching and learning with technology.
Our next series of workshops will be offered in June and August, 2014. Please contact Donna_Mellen@uml.edu if you have ideas or would enjoy attending any new workshops.
Workshop Topics include:
- What should PI's and Program Directors know about Program Evaluation with Jill Hendrickson Lohmeier - NEW JUST ADDED
- Creating Logic Models with Robin Toof - NEW JUST ADDED
- Research Design in Qualitative Research Software: Getting Started Right with NVivo with Judith Davidson - NEW JUST ADDED
- Basics of Visualization and Visual Analytics with Georges Grinstein - NEW JUST ADDED
- Video Production for Research Scientists and Graduate Students with Mitch Shuldman – NEW
- Using iPads in the Classroom with Michelle Scribner-MacLean & Randy Tyndall
- Collaborate with Wikis with Asha George & David Driscoll
- Record Your Own Tutorials (a.k.a. Khan-Academy style) for your Windows tablet with Randy Tyndall
- Record Your Own Tutorials (a.k.a. Khan-Academy style) for your iPad with Randy Tyndall
- Brainshark: A tool to deliver rich media instruction . . . and flip the classroom with Mitch Shuldman & Christopher Hansen
- Using an ePortfolio to Prepare and Submit your Promotion and Tenure Materials with Christopher Carlsmith & Paula Haines - NEW
- Using Video Capture to Enhance Your Students’ Academic Experience with Randy Tyndall
- Using Clickers to Engage Your Students with Javier Horta
- Integrating the Turning Point Building Block with your Blackboard Course
- Advanced Lecture Capture: Video Editing to Improve Student Learning with Randy Tyndall
- Web Conferencing – Meet, Collaborate and More from your desktop or classroom with Randy Tyndall
- Using Turnitin to Encourage Best Practices for Student Writing with Charlotte Mandell and Doreen Arcus
- Web-enhancing your Face-to-Face Course(s) with Blackboard – Now available online
Get more out of the tools you use every day at UMass Lowell with IT’s comprehensive training solutions. They’ll help you succeed in the classroom and the office!