Teaching with Technology
The Faculty Development Committee in partnership with the Information Technology Department provides faculty workshops and resources to enhance teaching and learning with technology.
Faculty Development, Research, & Technology Workshops will be held June 4 - August 31, 2015.
Additional details, including dates and registration links are located on the IT website. Blackboard registration is provided by the Division of Online and Continuing Education.
Workshop Topics include:
- Let Students View Your Presentations Live in Class: Connect with Your Students - NEW
- What Do I Do With All These Videos? - NEW
- Camtasia Basics: Using Camtasia to Professionally Record and Edit Recordings - Plus More!
- New Faculty Classroom Technology Orientation and Teaching Toolkit - Designed for all new faculty!
- Using Video Capture to Enhance Your Students' Academic Experience
- Service Learning Attribute Application: Hands-on help for faculty NEW
- Using Clickers to Engage Your Students
- Using Turnitin to Encourage Best Practices for Student Writing
- Making Your Own Tutorials: Many Ways to Do It Very Quickly & Simply
- Web-Enhancing Your Face-to-Face Course with Blackboard - Facilitated online!
- Blackboard Grade Center Workshop - Facilitated online!
Faculty training for Web-enhancing your face-to-face course with Blackboard and Grade Center workshops are entirely online and available through Online & Continuing Education
Certificates of completion will be issued for your résumé. Workshops are co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost and Faculty Development Committee in collaboration with Information Technology and the Division of Online and Continuing Education.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna_Mellen@uml.edu
Get more out of the tools you use every day at UMass Lowell with IT’s comprehensive training solutions. They’ll help you succeed in the classroom and the office!