Teaching with Technology
The Faculty Development Committee in partnership with the Information Technology Department provides faculty workshops and resources to enhance teaching and learning with technology.
Faculty Development, Research, & Technology Winter Workshops will be held on January 6 - 21, 2015. Many new workshops have been added and faculty facilitators are available to provide their experience and best practices.
Additional details, including dates and registration links are located on the IT website (Select the Workshop Registration Button – enter your UMass Lowell credentials).
Workshop Topics include:
- Collaborate with Wikis with Asha George and David Driscoll
- Digication ePortfolios: Supporting Learning Outcomes in Class and Beyond with Paula Haines and Donna Mellen - NEW
- Using Video Capture to Enhance Your Students’ Academic Experience –Introduction to Echo360 with Randy Tyndall
- Advanced Lecture Capture: Video Editing to Improve Student Learning with Randy Tyndall
- Record Your Own Tutorials (a.k.a. Khan Academy style) Windows or iPad Version with Randy Tyndall
- Online Collaboration: Researchers and the Social Network with George Hart and colleagues – NEW
- Web Conferencing: Meet, Collaborate and More from Your Computer, Classroom, or Mobile Device with Randy Tyndall
- Using Turnitin to Encourage Best Practices for Student Writing with Charlotte Mandell and Doreen Arcus
- Brainshark: A Tool to Deliver Rich Media Instruction . . . and Flip the Classroom with Christopher Hansen and Mitch Shuldman
- Camtasia Basics: Using Camtasia to Professionally Record and Edit Recordings Plus More! with Randy Tyndall - NEW
- DifferenceMaker: Engaging Students in Real World Learning with Steven Tello – NEW
- LibGuides: What They Are and Why You Should Want One . . . or More! with George Hart, Margaret Manion, Donna Mullin, and Mitch Shuldman – NEW
- Using Clickers to Engage Your Students with Javier Horta
- Build a Community of Learners in Your Classroom with Patricia Fontaine and Michelle Scribner-MacLean – NEW
Faculty training for Web-enhancing your face-to-face course with Blackboard is entirely online and available through Online & Continuing Education
Certificates of completion will be issued for your résumé. Workshops are co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost and Faculty Development Committee in collaboration with Information Technology.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna_Mellen@uml.edu
Get more out of the tools you use every day at UMass Lowell with IT’s comprehensive training solutions. They’ll help you succeed in the classroom and the office!