We envision a world in which political and civic leadership is at least 50 percent female by 2050. We are committed to building the infrastructure and convening the conversations necessary to achieve this vision.
- Challenge the world community to identify, create, and advance a new generation of women committed to public service;
- Bring together thought leaders, educators, and public servants from around the world, as well as members of the private and non-profit sectors, who wish to take up this challenge;
- Identify and address the obstacles that prevent more women from committing to a life of public service and political leadership;
- Explore creative solutions that will increase the number of young women who aspire and are empowered to pursue a career in public service; and
- Make recommendations for implementing those solutions at all levels of political involvement around the world.
Working in alignment with other leading organizations and institutions in the U.S. and around the world, the Women in Public Service Project will:
- Convene a series of global conversations and launch partnerships to ensure that we are educating and training a new generation of women to enter the public sector with the strategic leadership skills, energy, and commitment required to tackle today’s global challenges;
- Create intensive training and mentoring opportunities for emerging and aspiring women leaders;
- Establish and sustain a vibrant international network of such leaders; and
- Generate new, cross-culturally valid insights on women’s political leadership; and gain momentum over time.