University of Massachusetts Lowell
Peace and Conflict Studies Institute (PACSI)
PACSI coordinates various annual events, lectures and courses on campus:
- Days Without Violence - Every April since 1996, we hold a number of events around the anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Conflict Resolution - Currently our main partner is Barbara Hildt of Youth Employment Services, an experienced youth trainer. We have also worked with various other programs, sometimes as part of Days Without Violence.
- Lectures and Discussions - In addition to Days Without Violence, we sponsor and co-sponsor several lectures and discussions on campus each semester.
- Curricula - There is an undergraduate major and minor in Peace and Conflict Studies, as well as a graduate degree and certificate. For more information contact Paula_Rayman, 978-934-2902; or Robert_Gamache, 978-934-3904.
- Printed Resources - Reference materials on peace and conflict are available in O’Leary Library Room 500 (South Campus).