If you missed the Open House, Fall Preview Day is the perfect event for you!
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Manning School of Business, College of Engineering & College of Sciences: You will check in at Olney Hall, Room 150 on North Campus.
School of Health & Environment and College of Fine Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences: You will check in at Durgin Hall on South Campus.
The program begins promptly at 9 a.m. and will be done around noon.
Come to UMass Lowell on Saturday, November 17, for our Fall Preview Day. This is the perfect opportunity for those of you who have not yet been to campus, or those of you who are not sure what you want to study, to see what awaits you at UMass Lowell.
The day will begin with a formal welcome from the Office of Admissions and from the Deans of the colleges. They will talk about the programs they offer and the kind of students who will be successful in their programs.
During the half-day program, you will also have a chance to:
- Tour a freshmen residence hall.
- Visit the Campus Recreation Center.
- Speak with current students.
- Meet faculty and staff from each college.
- Meet representatives from Financial Aid, Admissions and Residence Life at the Resource Fair.
Once you make your reservation with a valid email address, you will be provided with additional information and parking instructions.
Schedule of the Day
This schedule was last updated on Nov. 14, 2012
:15 a.m. - Check-in Begins
Resource Fair Begins (Residence Life, Admissions & Financial Aid)
9 a.m. - Official Welcome and University Presentation
9:45 a.m. - Department Presentations and Tours:
North Campus, Pasteur 301
North Campus, Olney Hall, Room 150
- First Tour: 10:00 a.m., Second Tour: 10:40 a.m.
- Chemical Engineering: Perry Hall, Room 211
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Southwick Hall, Room 127
- Electrical & Computer Engineering: Ball Hall, Room 402
- Mechanical Engineering: Ball Hall, Room 118
- Plastics Engineering: Ball Hall, Room 208
North Campus, Alumni Hall
- Presentation and discussions followed by escorted department tours!
South Campus, Weed Hall
Departmental Presentations & Overviews:
- Nursing: Weed Hall, Lecture Room 1
- Exercise Physiology: Weed Hall, Lecture Room 2
- Clinical Lab & Nutritional Sciences: Weed Hall, Lecture Room 3
- Community Health: Room 100
Weed Hall, Room 100
- Nursing: Rooms 201, 204 & 206
- Exercise Physiology: Rooms 306, 312 & 316
- Clinical Laboratory & Nutritional Sciences: Room 211
- Community Health: Room 100
Education, Art, Music, Humanities & Social Sciences
(until 10:10 a.m.): South Campus, Durgin Concert Hall
10:10 a.m. Break-Out Sessions:
- Art: South Campus, Art Gallery, McGauvran 126
- Music: South Campus, Durgin Hall, Fischer Recital Hall
- Criminal Justice: Durgin Concert Hall
- Education, Humanities, & Social Sciences: Durgin Hall Room 113
11:30 a.m.* Optional freshmen Residence Hall and Campus Recreation Center tours on East Campus. Transportation will be provided.
*These will begin as soon as your department presentation is complete.
End of Day: After your department tour or East Campus Tour, that is up to you!