Freshman Application Deadlines
- Early Action: November 15
- Early Action Materials Deadline: November 25
- Regular Decision: February 15*
- Regular Decision Materials Deadline: February 25
Spring Semester: December 1
* This is the deadline for the Common Application. The UMass Lowell web application is available through June 1.
Transfer Application Deadlines
Fall semester: August 15*
Spring semester: January 21*
* This deadline is a priority deadline. We will consider completed applications after this date.
International Student Application Deadlines
International applicants are advised to start the application process no fewer than 12 months in advance of the expected date of enrollment.
Re-admit Application Deadlines
Note: Course availability may be limited for students admitted at the beginning of the semester.
The application fee is $60 for all applicants. Your application will not be processed until your application fee has been paid or your fee waiver request has been received. Online applications cannot be completed without a credit card payment.
If you are sending in a paper application, you may pay by check or by credit card.
• To pay by check please include the applicant’s name on the check. Make checks payable to University of Massachusetts Lowell and mail to: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 883 Broadway St., Suite 110, Lowell, MA 01854.
• To pay by credit card please call the UMass Lowell Student Financial Services' Office (978-934-3570) between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that the University does not accept American Express.
Application Fee Waiver
Students who wish to apply for an application fee waiver must meet the same criteria as those used for the College Board fee waiver. Guidance counselors must submit a written request for a waiver, or a copy of the College Board waiver request, on behalf of any student.
Waiver requests should be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, UMass Lowell, 883 Broadway St., Suite 110, Lowell, MA 01854.