- Can I edit a generic component?
Once logged in SiteEdit select Component in toolbar >>> and check Enable Parent Component Editing >>> and follow editing procedure in the manual. The same can be applied to main content component without heading.TOP
- Help! Why can't I publish level 2 and 3 Pages?
Check if you have a Feature image in that page or in that structure group where that page is. You must be missing Feature image.TOP
- How can I embed a YouTube video in Tridion?
Normal YouTube Code:
<iframe width="247" height="167" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aeph8IIsESI"; frameborder="0"></iframe>
Since there is nothing between the opening iframe tag closing iframe tag, Tridion converts this to a single tag:
<iframe width="247" height="167" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aeph8IIsESI"; frameborder="0"/>
This breaks the template because the browser is expecting a closing tag. The workaround is to put some text in between the tags to prevent Tridion from converting the html.
<iframe width="247" height="167" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aeph8IIsESI"; frameborder="0">YouTube Video
In the case of iframe tags, it does not matter what text you put between the opening and closing tag, as long as its not empty. It would be best practice to put some sort of related text though, maybe “YouTube Video” or even just “Video” would be fine. Also, for videos that are currently broken, you will have to remove the "/" at the end of the opening iframe tag, and add the closing </iframe>:TOP
- How can I relocate the image within the page?
If you need to relocate the image in the same page: highlight the image and click on it twice until “*image <image>” is selected in the formatting toolbar under Current Element. Then click Insert image buttonTOP
- How can I view the changes in my page once I submit to workflow?
You can view your page in the stage server: 184.108.40.206 for example:
To view the following page: http://www.uml.edu/Research/About/about.aspx
- How come I finished my edits and they’re not live?
Because it is on Stage and needs to be approved and published to go live. TOP
- How do I upload an image?
You can upload an image by going to the folder "image" (within the folder "Multimedia") click Create Tab ---- upload from disk-----locate your image and click open. Give the new component the appropriate name --- click Save and Close, and you are done.
- How can I link from component A to an anchor in component B in the same page?
First make an anchor in component B let say you name it "test", save and close . Second open the component A and highlight the the part of the content to link to the anchor, click on Hyperlink button and select other (under Type) and type"#name of the anchor" in this case "#test" and save and close.TOP
- How to merge two or more cells in tables
In Table Editor mode, while pressing Ctrl click on the cells to merge then click Merge Cells in the table top menu.
- I am logged in to Tridion SiteEdit, but why can't I edit the page?
1. Make sure you are trying to edit a page within your department.
2. Check if the component has a heading (the first heading with blue ribbon). If the heading is missing select Component----check "Enable Parent Component Editing". Now you can start editing.
- Why can't I log into Tridion Content management System?
Please make sure that you have account in Tridion CMS. If you have account already then please log into Tridion System using you UMass Lowell Email account. Firstname_Lastname@uml.edu and your passowrd is same as email account password.TOP
- To center a table in the page
Click inside the table and
In the current element box select insert table
Then click on increase Indent /decrease indent until the table is in the right location
- Why don't Anchors I made work properly?
Do not use a space in the name attribute or id of the of anchor/span you are bookmarking. For example, <a name="Jump Link"></a> should be <a name="jumplink"></a>TOP