Media outlets provide far-reaching opportunities for the University to illustrate its value to the community. Whether it's a newspaper article describing a faculty member's research, a radio interview with an administrator about educational trends or a television spot about a new campus program, the media help to inform and enlighten the public about the university and its role in the region.
The Media Relations team:
- Sends press releases to media around Massachusetts and beyond
- Sends weekly list of suggestions for University event coverage to all media within 90 miles of campus
- Coordinates press conferences
- Distributes calendar listings weekly to Massachusetts newspapers
- Pitches news and feature stories to targeted reporters and editors
- Supports reporters' efforts by supplying background information and arranging interviews, photographs and graphics
- Facilitates use of university experts as sources
- Distributes dean's and commencement lists to more than 200 newspapers
Articles written about the university by the media appear on the front page of the website. The campus also receives links to articles and clips via email. Email email@example.com to be added to the list.
Members of the media, please visit the Media website for more information or contact Director of Media Relations Christine Gillette at 978-934-2209.