How UMass Lowell faculty use the resource of the Lowell National Historical Park and the Tsongas Industrial History Center.
- brought classes to the Park and Center for course-related hands-on programs, access to historic resources, and educational presentations by Park staff
- placed students at LNHP/TIHC for independent study, internships, service-learning, and course-related projects
- collaborated on grant-funded projects (e.g., NSF, UMass Creative Economy, NEH). (TIHC/LNHP adds value to proposals.)
- collaborated with LNHP/TIHC on conferences (staffing, presenting, using Park/TIHC spaces)
- collaborated on publications or products (teaching materials, brochures, text panels, posters)
- provided content and pedagogy sessions for LNHP/TIHC staff or classroom teachers visiting Lowell as part of national or local teacher institutes
- used LNHP/TIHC resources as part of freshman-year orientation activities (learning about Lowell via boat or walking tours, hands-on workshops, museum visits)