New Parking Policy for Faculty and Staff
UMass Lowell continues to grow in size and reputation, and managing parking inventory is essential in maintaining a fair and equitable system is critical.
The University's Parking Committee, comprised of representatives from a cross-section of campus, carefully considered and adopted a number of policy change recommendations for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Summary of Policy Changes
The Executive Cabinet has approved the following policy changes, effective Aug. 31, 2015:
- North: As of May 18, 2015 the Southwick Lot will be permanently closed. Current faculty and staff paring in these lots will be required to park in other assigned lots including Olsen (faculty/staff), Costello/Pinanski (faculty only), and North Garage floors 3-6 (faculty/staff).
- South: There are no changes to the parking lot assignments on South Campus.
- East: The Fletcher Lot and Salem Lot will be expanded prior to the beginning of the fall semester to increase available inventory to all faculty and staff, as well as visitors to University Crossing.
Parking Rates for the 2015-2016 academic year are as follows:
- Cabinet Parking - $1100/year*
- Cumnock Designated - $1100year*
- Wannalancit Preferred - $500/year*
- Department Chairs - $300/year*
- Benefited Faculty/Staff - $300/year*
- Non-Benefited Staff - $150/year*
- Adjunct Faculty - $80/year*
*Benefited employees and adjunct faculty are required to enroll in a pre-tax payroll deduction. this is deducted each pay period that the faculty/staff member is paid.
Many other resources about 2015-2016 parking can be found on our website and linked below:
Any questions regarding the new policy can be directed to our office via e-mail: UCAPS@uml.edu.