Access Information

Your UCard's primary function, aside from an identification card, is to provide you electronic card access to the over 300 scanners across campus using a secure proximity (prox) chip inside the card. Various default access is provided based on your status at the University, your residence hall, academic college or major, and type of decal you purchased/ordered.

All faculty, staff and students must carry their UCard with them at all times and immediately surrender their UCard upon request by an authorized University/city official such as Police, Administration, Residence Life Staff, etc. Altering, improperly possessing, or lending a University Identification Card to another person for any reason not expressly authorized by the University is strictly prohibited. A University Identification Card falling into any of these categories may be confiscated by any student, staff or faculty member in the course of his/her charged work responsibility.

The UCAPS Office highly regards the integrity of security on campus, and cannot provide access to many locations without proper approval. The following is a list of Tenant Managers, faculty/staff that have the ability to provide access to doors within their areas. If you require access please contact the following Tenant Manager:

Area Tenant Manager E-Mail Address 
College of Engineering Gary Howe Gary_Howe@uml.edu
College of Sciences Jim Sullivan James_Sullivan@uml.edu
Computer Science Ken Kleiner ken@cs.uml.edu 
CRC Members* Peter Murray
Information Technology Ken Boisvert Kenneth_Boisvert@uml.edu
Music and SRT Bill Carman William_Carman@uml.edu
Reactor  Leo Bobek Leo_Bobek@uml.edu 
Residence Halls Erin Butterworth Erin_Butterworth@uml.edu
SubMilimeter Lab Mike Coulombe Michael_Coulombe@uml.edu

*Paid CRC Memberships only; current students, faculty or staff should contact the UCAPS Office for access issues. For access to all other areas, please contact the UCAPS Office at UCAPS@uml.edu or 978-934-2800. Additional authorization and/or documentation may be required depending on the area.