By Don Pierson
Faculty Development Technology Summer Workshops will be held in June and August 2014. Many new workshops have been added and faculty facilitators are available to provide their experience and best practices.
Additional details, including dates and registration links are located on the IT website
(Select the Workshop Registration Button – enter your UMass Lowell credentials).
- What should PI's and Program Directors know about Program Evaluation with Jill Hendrickson Lohmeier – NEW JUST ADDED
- Creating Logic Models with Robin Toof - NEW JUST ADDED
- Research Design in Qualitative Research Software: Getting Started Right with Nvivo with Judith Davidson - NEW JUST ADDED
- Basics of Visualization and Visual Analytics with Georges Grinstein - NEW JUST ADDED
- Video Production for Research Scientists and Graduate Students with Mitch Shuldman
- Using iPads in the Classroom with Michelle Scribner-MacLean & Randy Tyndall
- Collaborate with Wikis with Asha George & David Driscoll
- Record Your Own Tutorials (a.k.a. Khan-Academy style) for your Windows tablet with Randy Tyndall
- Record Your Own Tutorials (a.k.a. Khan-Academy style) for your iPad with Randy Tyndall
- Brainshark: A tool to deliver rich media instruction . . . and flip the classroom with Mitch Shuldman & Christopher Hansen
- Using an ePortfolio to Prepare and Submit your Promotion and Tenure Materials with Christopher Carlsmith & Paula Haines
- Using Video Capture to Enhance Your Students’ Academic Experience with Randy Tyndall
- Using Clickers to Engage Your Students with Javier Horta
- Integrating the Turning Point Building Block with your Blackboard Course with Javier Horta and Turning Technologies
- Advanced Lecture Capture: Video Editing to Improve Student Learning with Randy Tyndall
- Web Conferencing – Meet, Collaborate and More from your desktop or classroom with Randy Tyndall
- Using Turnitin to Encourage Best Practices for Student Writing with Charlotte Mandell and Doreen Arcus
- Introduction to Web-Enhanced Teaching – Now available online
If you have any questions, please contact Donna_Mellen@uml.edu
Certificates for your resume will be issued upon completion. Workshops are co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost, Faculty Development Center, the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, and Information Technology in collaboration with the Division of Online and Continuing Education and Centers for Learning and Academic Support Services.