The Energy Conservation and Project Subcommittee supports the implementation of the UMass Lowell Climate Action Plan (CAP) by:
- Developing energy conservation strategies
- Identifying and implementing energy conservation and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects through the University’s Facilities Department
- Fostering the energy conservation culture by serving as project liaison to the other CAP subcommittees
- Assessing and implementing innovative technologies
- Creating sustainability standards for new construction and renovation
- Implementing cost effective and energy friendly utility procurements
- Providing data to be used for accurate reporting and analysis including university greenhouse gas emissions to the ACUPCC.