Directions to the UMass Lowell Math Department
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is located in Olney Hall on UMass Lowell North (circled on the map below).
Get directions to campus using our interactive Google maps.
From the Lowell Connector:
- Take exit 5b, (Thorndike St.).
- Follow the exit around (almost 360 degrees) and bearing right onto Thorndike St.
- Follow Thorndike St. After about 1/2 mile, shortly after going underneath a pair of overpasses, the road curves around to the right (at lights) and becomes Dutton St. (near the Textile History Museum).
- At the third set of lights on Dutton St., at the Merit Station, take a hard left onto Merrimack St. Lowell City Hall will be on your right.
- Follow Merrimack St. to the end.
- At the end, turn right onto Pawtucket St. and make an immediate left onto the University Ave. bridge.
- As you cross the bridge, the North Campus will be in front of you.
- At the second set of lights, at Dunkin Donuts, take a right onto Riverside St.
- The building on your right will be the Ball Building and Olney Hall is the second one on your right. The entrance to Campus Police is between Ball and Olney; and parking is on the right after Olney.
From the Lawrence Area:
From the Lawrence area, take the Lowell-Lawrence Boulevard, keeping the river on your left. When you see UMass Lowell on your right, take the first right onto University Ave, then you're next right onto Riverside St.. At that point, you're at the last step on the directions above.