Transferring from Northern Essex Community College
Northern Essex courses that transfer into the Computer Science Dept. at UMass Lowell are:
- CIS 241 or CIS 252 (or CT 6640) = 91.101 Computing I
- CT 6655 (no longer offered at NECC) = 91.102 Computing II
- CT 6649 (no longer offered at NECC) = 91.203 Assembly Language
You might also consider:
- CTE 101 = 16.265 Logic Design
- MAT 251 = 92.131 Calculus I
- MAT 252 = 92.131 Calculus II
- MAT 253 = 92.231 Calculus III
- PHS 131 = 95.141 Physics I
- PHS 133 = 95.144 Physics II
91.101, 91.102, 91.203, 16.265, 92.131, 92.132, 92.231, 95.141, and 95.144 are all required of UMass Lowell computer science majors. See UMass Lowell online Undergraduate Catalog for the latest course information including course descriptions.
Apart from these courses, you might consider courses that transfer in as General Education courses, such as:
- ENG 101 = 42.101 College Writing I
- ENG 102 = 42.102 College Writing II
If the Northern Essex program you are in is governed by the Transfer Compact, you may be able to transfer other General Education courses.
If you have questions about transferring CS courses to UMass Lowell, you should contact the undergraduate coordinator of the CS Dept. at UMass Lowell. If you have questions about transferring non-CS courses, your first contact should be:
Associate Dean of Enrollment, UMass Lowell
You can also consult the UMass Lowell transfer dictionary.