College of Sciences Dean's List
The dean and associate dean, along with the faculty and staff of the College of Sciences, wish to congratulate the students named to the Dean's List and recognize their hard work and personal achievement. A notation of "Dean's List" appears on the student's academic record.
Dean's List Requirements
In order for UMass Lowell students to be named to the Dean's List for academic achievement, students must meet the following requirements:
- Receive a semester grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher.
- Take a minimum of 12 credits with grades of either A, A-, B+, B-, C+ or C for the semester. Grades of Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory do not count toward the 12 credits required. Graduate (xx.5xx) courses may also include grades of A+.
- Cannot receive grades of incomplete (INC) for any course.
- Cannot receive a grade lower than C for any course.
- May not use grade deletions to improve their semester GPA and qualify for the Dean's List.
This policy is the direct result of students working with faculty and administration to define the qualifications for "making the Dean's List." These qualifications have been approved by the Undergraduate Policy Committee and the UMass Lowell Faculty Senate.