UMass Lowell-CVIP Faculty Advisory Board: Statement of Purpose
The Faculty Advisory Board's role is to Advise, Represent, Advocate, Promote, Collaborate, and Support (ARAPCS) the Office of CVIP at UMass Lowell and the University campus.
- Advise the CVIP management on matters that affect the research community with the goal to encourage greater awareness of and participation in the technology commercialization process.
- Represent colleagues in the UML research community in all matters relating to commercialization of University intellectual property.
- Advocate for CVIP within the UML research community fostering goodwill and common understanding between research faculty and University administration.
- Promote the commercialization of technology arising from UML research community activities among colleagues, deans, department chairs and senior administration.
- Collaborate with the CVIP office to devise practical and implementable processes and generate solutions to commercialization challenges.
- Support the University mission of free dissemination of knowledge through the mechanism of commercialization of University owned intellectual property.