Enabling Life Sciences Innovation Beyond Cambridge
The Middlesex-3 Coalition held a breakfast event at UMass Lowell, hosted by the University's Office of Commercial Ventures and Intellectual Properies (CVIP), and sponsored by Riemer & Braunstein. Guests had to opportunity to hear the advantages of locating or expanding your Life Sciences company along the Route 3 Corridor North of Boston—a good place to grow due to low lease-rates, easy permitting processes, educational infrastructure to provide needed skill–sets, and the UMass System research/support structure.
Nov. 27, 2012 AGENDA
Registration, Breakfast and Networking
|8:30 - 8:45
Welcomes and Introductions
Chancellor Marty Meehan, Welcome to UMass Lowell
Middlesex 3 Master of Ceremonies - Bernie Lynch, Lowell City Manager
Introduction of Pamela Norton, Vice President of Industry Relations and Programs, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Enabling Life Sciences Innovation Beyond Cambridge—Assessing and Capitalizing on Regional Strengths
Moderated by Pamela Norton
- Marybeth Campbell, Director of Education and Workforce Development, MA Executive Office of Education
- Prof. Steve McCarthy, Co-Director M2D2
- Robert Buckley, Member Middlesex 3 Board of Directors, and Senior Partner, Riemer & Braunstein
Why Here, Why Now?
Straight Talk from the region’s ‘Anchor Tenants’
Moderated by Julie Chen, Vice Provost of Research, UMass Lowell
- Peter Abair, Director, Economic Development & Global Affairs, Mass BioTech Council
- Rick Geoffrion, President and CEO, Mitralign
- Renee Connolly, VP US Communications, EMD Serono
- Nancy Briefs, CEO, InfoBionic
||Tour of Emerging Technologies & Innovation Center (ETIC) - Reservations Required)
The Middlesex-3 Coalition
is a regional collaboration among public and private leaders of five communities along Route 3 in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Chelmsford and Lowell. Members are comprised of business, government, educational and financial institutions leaders working together to promote the region and its competitive advantages. The Coalition’s mission is to strengthen and grow economic development in the region.