Poster Information and Guidelines
Once your abstract has been approved by your faculty advisor, you will receive instructions on how to upload your poster. Posters were due by April 10, 2015 by 11 p.m. The Vice Provost for Research office will print your poster for free if received by April 10, 2015. Students are responsible for printing their own poster after April 10 (via Minute Man, etc.). Make sure you proof your poster before submitting since there will be no reprints.
- Maximum poster size is 36" tall X 42" wide.
- Posters should be sent in either PPT (powerpoint) or PDF format for printing.
- Posters are a visual media. People should be able to see information standing at a distance of 3 feet.
- Font sizes less than 24 can be difficult to read. Sans serif fonts (e.g., Arial or Verdana) are preferable to serif fonts (e.g., Times New Roman or Palatino) for clarity.
- Posters displaying research results that involved collection of any information from human subjects must have received approval from the IRB (Institutional Research Board) prior to the collection of any data or the poster should not be displayed as this would be considered public dissemination of the results. Please check with your faculty advisor if you have any questions.
You will receive notification when your poster has been printed. The student is responsible for picking up their poster and bringing it to the event. See event schedule for setup times. Push pins and display boards will be provided for you.
Helpful Links for Preparing and Printing Oversized Posters