Electrical Vehicle Evaluation
Research is being conducted in the following areas:
- On-board Modular Battery Management System
- We are currently designing and fabricating an on-board battery charger/management system to protect batteries from overcharge and overdischarge during vehicle operation and refueling.
- Solid state active load battery pack discharger
- We are currently designing and fabricating a solid state active load, which can be used to automatically discharge and electric vehicle at a specified rate to a specified cut-off voltage.
- Battery Charger and Battery Pack Testing Station
- Comparison of four types of batteries to choose the most suitable for Solectria electric cars.
- Electric vehicle battery pack discharge test to determine working capacity.
- Electric vehicle range tests.
- Battery charger and charge algorithm evaluation including study of efficiency, power factor, and harmonics.
- Fast battery charging using battery-to-battery charging techniques.
- Photovoltaic powered electric vehicle battery charging station.