Oct. 17, 2013,
Too Late for What? Real Choices on a Changing Planet: Fifth Annual Climate Change Teach-In.
Over 450 faculty, staff, students and community members gathered to find out what leading experts on climate change impacts, activism, and policy are saying about our choices today and our world tomorrow. Check out Full Event Coverage of the 2013 Teach-In event, featuring Chancellor Marty Meehan, Juliette Rooney-Varga, Ph.D., Jennifer Francis, Ph.D., Wen Stephenson and Elizabeth Sawin, Ph.D.,
• Chancellor Marty Meehan, 00:40 to 7:00 minutes;
• Juliette Rooney-Varga, 7:00 to 11:44;
• Jennifer Francis, 11:54 to 35:07;
• Elizabeth Sawin, 35:20 to 58:56 and
• Wen Stephenson, 59:58 to end.
• Jennifer Francis, Ph.D., Research Professor, Institute for Coastal and Marine Science, Rutgers University. Francis co-founded and co-directed the Rutgers Climate and Environmental Change Initiative and studies Arctic climate change and Arctic-global climate linkages.
• Wen Stephenson, a writer and climate activist, is a contributor to Grist and the Boston Phoenix and has written about climate and culture for the Boston Globe, The New York Times, and Slate.
• Elizabeth Sawin, Ph.D., Co-Director of Climate Interactive. She is a scientist, writer, teacher, and public speaker whose work for the past fifteen years has combined analysis with coaching, teaching and communication approaches that help people transform systems towards sustainability.