- Friday, November 30, 2012 - Matt Hopkins, Research Associate, Center for Industrial Competitiveness/Academic-Industry Research “Clean Tech and Patient Capital: Solar Energy in the US and China"
- Monday, November 19, 2012 - Michael Klare, Five College Professor of Peace and World Security Studies (University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges) "The Race for What’s Left: The Global Scramble for the World’s Last Resources,"
Video of the lecture.
- October 9, 2012 - Climate Change Teach-In, "Leaving Your Comfort Zone: a Scientist and a Journalist Take Risks to Address Climate Change" featuring Dr. Michael Mann, renowned climate scientist and author of "The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines” and Eli Kintisch, reporter for Science magazine and author of "Hack the Planet: Science's Best Hope - or Worst Nightmare - for Averting Climate Catastrophe." See the live coverage of the 2012 event.
- September 24, 2012 - Catherine Tumber, Author and Journalist “Small, Gritty and Green: Smaller Industrial Cities in a Low-Carbon World”
- September 6, 2012 - Roop Saini,University of Massachusetts School of Marine Sciences Ph.D. Dissertation Defense, "Regional Influence of Monsoons in the Current and a Warming Climate" Advisor: Mathew Barlow
- August 1, 2012 - YEP, Youth Educating the Public, A screening of student media produced during a workshop on Climate Science and Media Making. Pieces include short films, field reports, studio interviews, music videos, and animation. Produced with the assistance of UMass Lowell faculty and students. Media Arts Studio, Cambridge, 5:30pm.
- May 7, 2012 - "A Look to the Future: Student Videos Take on Climate Change. UMass-Lowell students unite!" Students in Juliette Rooney-Varga's "Climate Change: Science, Communications and Solutions" class created short films on Climate Change. See the entertaining trailer.
- May 2, 2012 - "Soil-Based microbial fuel cells: what makes them go?" Juliette Rooney-Varga, Ph.D., UMass Lowell; North Campus, Olsen Hall, Room 503, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- March 29, 2012 - "UMass Lowell Goes Green!" organized be the SEA (Student Environmental Alliance). Learn about UMass Lowell’s Climate Action Plan and help the University reach its goals! Short movie clips, refreshments, free dinner!
- April 23, 2012 - "Social action to mitigate climate change" Carrie Watkins, student at Brandeis University and student climate action leader from the Better Future Project.
- March 28, 2012 - "The Future of the Clean Energy Industry" Scott Clavenna, CEO of GreenTech Media, Boston, Mass.
- March 26, 2012 - "Climate Change and Cleaner Energy: Legal Pitfalls and Prospects" John Duff, Ph.D., UMass Boston
- March 21, 2012 - "Climate change comes to Thoreau's Concord: Impacts on plants, birds and butterflies" Richard Primack, Ph.D., Boston University.
- March 5, 2012 - “Climate change and extreme events: What we know and what we don't” Ellen Douglas, Ph.D., UMass Boston.
- Feb. 15, 2012 - "Upscaling CH4 emissions from a boreal peatland - observations and modeling," Inke Forbrich, Ph.D., Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole MA.
Other events from past years:
2011 Climate Change Initiative Events
2011 Carbon Smarts Conference
2010 Climate Change Initiative Events